Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Update on Orzo Pasta Salad with Feta Cheese

As I mentioned in my post yesterday on the Orzo Pasta Salad, I cooked a chicken breast to add to the leftover salad for our dinner last evening. After the chicken cooled and I chopped it into bite-sized pieces, I added some of the salad dressing to the pieces, covered the container, and chilled the mixture for a few hours. I was concerned about the chicken not having enough flavor if it was added directly to the salad that was already two days old. At dinner time I stirred the chicken pieces into the salad and dinner was ready. The chicken did need the extra dressing which helped make the flavor of the salad fresh tasting. We thought it was very good.

My husband and I eat a lot of leftovers since it is only two of us and I do a lot of cooking. My hubby is a real trooper when it comes to our dinner hour as he is never quite sure what I will be asking him to eat on any given day. So, when something new works out, it is a blessing, indeed. Of course, it also helps when he is having one of his favorite chocolate cakes for dessert! Blessings...

No comments: