Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Cup of Tea, a Warm Muffin and a Friend

When was the last time you got together with a special friend for some catching up and something yummy to eat? I must confess that the last time I did was when we went home for a vacation in July. Right now that time seems like a lifetime ago. I have a very special friend that I haven't had lunch with since February of this year and another friend that I haven't been able to connect with on the phone in weeks. We play phone tag. My point? Life gets way too busy and relationships suffer.

We brought a puppy home with us when we went on vacation. My life has been turned upside down and my clean home, is no longer. My husband and I rarely sleep through the night because of crate training, and stomach and intestinal distress. Three visits to the vet in two months; we are almost on a first name basis with her. And the bank account is sorely lacking in funds, at this time.

It seems my relationships have taken a dramatic turn away from my lady friends toward a precious female Labrador Retriever, for the time being. I long to spend time with my friends to do all the catching up, but puppy training doesn't wait and we will have a good puppy-citizen, which takes lots of time. This is also the reason that I struggle to get more than two posts done in a week. It's frustrating, but a very real part of my life for right now. I'm looking forward to the time when she is old enough to go out for walks with me, and when my time is more my own again.

Never in my life did I think I would be "parenting" again, but I am. There will be time for lunch with a friend again soon, but in the meantime, we email one another and I will continue to use the phone to stay in touch the best I can. Relationships with our friends and family are so important, and the stuff of life does tend to get in the way of our time together. Thankfully, the Lord willing, we will have another day and time to connect. We must be careful that not too much time goes by though. We simply don't get the time back. Blessings...


No comments: