Monday, October 20, 2014

Sandy's Favorite Homemade Sausage Recipe

When my niece and I were in a recipe group together, she posted this very tasty and simple sausage recipe. I've made the recipe a few times now using ground turkey breast with very good results. We love the flavor of the sausage in recipes and alongside eggs for breakfast. And, that is saying a great deal where my husband, the pork lover is concerned. Any type of ground meat can be used in this recipe, so I certainly will use ground pork another time. I've used the sausage in Sausage Cheese Balls, posted on 1/30/2014 and in Sausage Lentil Soup, posted on 1/31/2014. Blessings...

Recipe:

3 pounds ground meat
2 tsps. ground ginger
3 tsps. rubbed sage or poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 tsps. salt

Use hands to mix all ingredients together well. My niece freezes the mixture in 1 pound pkgs. for use later.

For 1 pound of ground meat:

3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. rubbed sage or poultry seasoning (I used sage)
1/8 tsp. (slightly rounded) cayenne pepper
1 tsp. salt



No comments: