Monday, April 28, 2014

Ham Buns


I've always loved to cook and preparing nice meals for my family has always been a priority, but there are those times when even ladies like myself want to do what is really easy and simple. I will even use some microwave meals now, which is amazing for a lady who wouldn't even have a microwave in her kitchen until my mom gave me her old one that she was replacing with a newer model. My husband and son couldn't believe it the first time I heated up a can of chili for our meal all those years ago. But, life gets crazy and we all get worn out and simple is wonderful, especially when we are hungry. These ham buns are a meal for just such an occasion. I would make them for a fun change when we had leftover ham. Fruit and chips are great alongside; a great kid-friendly meal. Blessings...

Recipe:

1/2 cup butter, softened
2 to 4 tbsp. finely minced onion
1 tbsp. poppy seed
2 tsps. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsps. prepared mustard
1-1/4 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham (about 8 oz.)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz.)
6 hamburger buns

1. In a bowl, mix butter, onion, poppy seed, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until well blended.
2. Add ham and cheese; mix well.
3. Divide evenly among buns and place in a shallow baking pan; cover with foil.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until hot.

Yield: 6 sandwiches
Note: The amount of butter is a bit much for me, but my hubby loves it. I think the amount could probably be cut down by 2 to 3 tablespoons.

No comments: