Sunday, November 10, 2013

Crunchy Onion Chicken

This chicken recipe is popular in a few different versions, but I really like this one for it's simplicity when I'm in a hurry to get dinner on the table. I served it this past week with sauted potatoes and green salad. Easy and delicious; blessings...

Recipe: 

1-1/3 cups French's Original Fried Onions
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 egg

1. Lightly crush onion in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. I then put the onion in a pie plate because I get the onion to stick to the chicken better than shaking in the bag.
2. Beat the egg with a fork in a pie plate.
3. Dip the chicken in the egg and then in the onion. Place pieces on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until tender and juices run clear.

Yield: 3-4 servings
Note: Chicken does not reheat well in the microwave oven. The onion gets soft and soggy, so I cut the remaining chicken pieces in half and reheat them in a covered casserole in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

No comments: