Thursday, April 25, 2013

Gooey Butter Cake

A few years ago when a friend asked me if I had a recipe for Gooey Butter Cake, I responded that I had seen a recipe for it in a church cookbook but, that I had never made it or tasted it. With that, and the fact that her birthday was coming, I thought it would be fun to surprise her so I did further investigation of the recipe. The recipe sounded good. My husband and I decided that we would invite these friends for a birthday dinner in her honor and I made this cake. She was so blessed, and I added a new favorite to our list of desserts. She shared with me that Gooey Butter Cake is a favorite tradition in the mid-west where she grew up, something I did not know. It was such a blessing to bring a little of her childhood traditions to her while they were here in Idaho. Blessings...

Recipe:  

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened (low-fat is fine)
2 eggs
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

1. Mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg; pat into 9 x 13-inch pan.
2. Mix and beat together cream cheese, 2 eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla. Pour onto cake crust.
3. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve. Yummy!!

Yield: 12 servings

"Google account is not needed to leave a comment"

No comments: