Friday, December 16, 2011

Simple Rocky Road Candy

If you have never tried your hand at candy making, I would encourage you to try this recipe. It is a very easy preparation, tastes wonderful and is a classic "one-bowl" recipe. The easiest kind! Many candy recipes require a great deal of time standing at the stove stirring a syrup for the base of the candy, not this one.

The second candy pictured is the Reese's Candy recipe I posted earlier, please check the "labels" under candy to find it. Have a wonderful weekend as you, like me, will probably be doing lots of Christmas preparations with your family. Blessings...

Recipe:

1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. butter
1 pkg. (10 1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows
2 cups dry-roasted peanuts

1. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter and sweetened condensed milk. ( or melt in a double boiler). Microwave on high for one minute and stir. If mixture is not smooth, continue to microwave for another 30 seconds or more, as needed.
2. Add marshmallows and peanuts; stir to combine.
3. Turn mixture into a buttered 9" x 13" pan and smooth top. Refrigerate for a few hours until chocolate is set. Cut into 36 squares and store in an air-tight container at room temperature.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Our family knows first-hand just how delicious these candies are!

Unlike most women, I am not a huge chocolate fan; however, there are occasions when nothing but chocolate will satisfy the craving!!

Have a great day.

Love,
Patti

PS The blogs attached to my Blogger profile are my own classic movie blog and the Olivia and Joan blog, of which I am a team member. If you would like to visit my home and faith-centered blog, which I am breaking from right now and which I have removed from my profile, here is the address.

http://pattiannsblog.blogspot.com