Thursday, April 21, 2011

Marshmallow Fruit Dip

A few days ago my husband called me from work to ask about something I might be able to prepare for a potluck the next day. My first thought was, "Oh, dear" and then I told him I would quickly check through my recipes to see what I might be able to easily prepare and would then get back to him. I remembered a clipping I had in my recipe stash for a fruit dip that I was able to find. My goodness this was an old recipe. A coupon on the back of it was dated 2003! I am very glad I had kept it stuck away because it was wonderful and so easy to prepare. My husband said it got rave reviews, so you might want to give it a try. It would be perfect for Easter if you have a large gathering to prepare for, but it also saves very well in the refrigerator if there are leftovers. Blessings...

Recipe:

1 8-ounce package low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
1 7-ounce jar marshmallow cream
Fresh fruit ( I used strawberries)

1. Blend cream cheese and marshmallow cream together until well blended.
2. Cover and refrigerate until serving time
Yield: 1 3/4 cups

Tip: Since I had to prepare this recipe for my husbands lunch the following day, I had to wash the berries the evening before. When washing strawberries in advance of use, don't remove stems. The berries stay fresher and the stem end also serves as a "handle" for easy eating.

Rinse the berries lightly and dry on paper towels. I then placed them on my serving tray surrounding the plastic container of dip. I covered everything with plastic wrap and put away in the fridge. My husband took an old serving spoon, that if lost, was no big deal. Don't ever assume that folks know not to "double dip". If there is a spoon readily available there are no challenges. Being prepared is so important to the care of people and any needs that might come up.

No comments: