Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Easy Raspberry Pork Chops

I made this dish last week for my husband and I and we really enjoyed it. The flavor is wonderful and the dish is simple and fast. While the meat simmered on the stove and the potatoes cooked in the microwave, I made a salad, and dinner was ready. With thoughts of Valentine's Day this weekend, this would be a terrific meal to serve.

Tomorrow I will post the recipe for the whole wheat bread that I mentioned in my post with the split pea soup. A loaf of warm homemade bread would also be greatly appreciated with this meal and would surely say, "I love you" to your family and friends.

Recipe:
4 boneless pork loin chops (about 5 ounces each)
canola oil for frying
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides.
2. While meat is frying, whisk vinegar, jam and mustard in a small bowl.
3. Add liquid to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the meat juices run clear. I used an instant read thermometer. Be careful to not overcook and dry out the meat. Remove the pork and cover to keep warm.
4. Cook the sauce over medium-high heat to reduce by half and thicken. Stir occasionally and keep an eye on the sauce so it doesn't burn. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops and serve.

No comments: