Monday, February 9, 2009

Hot Christmas Punch

This past weekend seven friends and I got together for lunch and a game of scrabble in my home. I called this time together a "Scrabble Luncheon". I asked each friend to contribute a small part of the lunch menu and I provided the condiments and a hot beverage. This Christmas punch is delicious and makes the kitchen smell so welcoming.

We had deli meat and cheese on croissants, fruit, and cookies. So easy to do and so appreciated by each one of the ladies. This was a great time of fellowship, laughter, and just plain being lazy on a Saturday afternoon! I get great pleasure from opening my home to others in order to give them a break from the everyday work and stress of life. I think this is so important in this crazy world of ours. Blessings...

Hot Christmas Punch:

2-1/2 cups cranberry juice
1 cup orange juice
1 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
2 cinnamon sticks, broken
2 quartered orange slices
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons instant tea

In a 2 quart saucepan, combine the first 7 ingredients. Heat just to boiling; cover and reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in instant tea. Serve hot.

Yield: 6 servings

Tip: recipe can easily be doubled to serve 9-12 people.

No comments: