Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Taffy Apple Dip

This past weekend I went to a baby shower in which the attendees were all asked to bring a dessert or an appetizer. The "potluck" idea of everyone bringing something is so helpful to the hostess. I made this dip, which I adapted from a recipe I found in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks. It is very easy, and children friendly, since I new there were going to be young kids attending, but the adults really seemed to appreciate the addition of fresh fruit to the usual high-sugar, dessert-ladened table. Yes, it is sweet, but not like the cookies and cakes, and don't we feel just a little bit better about eating dessert when there is fruit involved? Blessings...

Recipe:

1 package (8 ounces) low-fat cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 or more apples, cut into wedges

1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth with an electric mixer.
2. Pour dip into a serving dish and place the dish on a platter; surround with apple wedges.

No comments: